Storytelling & Sensemaking 2022
December 1, 2022
Thursday, December 1 from 5:00 – 6:30 pm Pacific Time
As the Whidbey Institute enters its sixth decade, we invite you to an evening of storytelling by beloved community members and sensemaking from innovative program leaders.
Patterned after our much loved 2021 event of the same title, this year’s online community fundraising gathering is an opportunity to connect with community members who bring together the past, present, and future of the Whidbey Institute. And like last year, the event is free and open to our whole community.
Two community members will share their favorite memory from the first 50 years of Chinook and the Whidbey Institute. Together we will look for the lessons these memories hold for us as we navigate the challenges of today and look for pathways toward our shared future.
- Kate Snider, Principal Floyd|Snider, Whidbey Institute board member, champion of the WI2020 capacity building campaign, conservation easement and forest stewardship plan. Kate first came to the Institute in 2005 with her mother, as part of that POL cohort.
- Reagan Jackson, Co-Executive Director of Young Women Empowered (Y-We), a writer, an artist, and a friend of the Whidbey Institute since 2015
After hearing from our two storytellers, we’ll move into small groups where you will be invited to share your favorite memories, lessons and hopes.
During the second half of our gathering, we will listen to a panel of our program leaders as they share what they care about most, what is next for their organizations and who they serve, how the Whidbey Institute can support their work, and other questions they are living with in these times.
- Abigail Lynam, Pacific Integral and the Generating Transformative Change (GTC) program
- Jenna Ringelheim, formerly with the Environmental Leadership Program and current Whidbey Institute Board member.
- Rako Fabionar, ILALI and the Wayfinders Program
You will be welcomed into the conversation to ask your questions.
The event will close with an invitation to give or promise a gift to the Whidbey Institute’s Winter Appeal. Will you support us today to continue the legacy of the Whidbey Institute as a place for those called by the responsibility and transformative potential of these times?
We also invite you to support one or more of our featured programs by following the links to their websites.
Stay for Community
The program will end at 6:30 with an option for 30 additional minutes of social time together. Bring your favorite beverage!
A Zoom link to our Storytelling and Sensemaking event will be included in your confirmation email.