- This event has passed.
Chaos, Community, and Compassion: 2018 Whidbey Winter Gathering
January 25, 2018 - January 28, 2018$275
There is a light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. It emerges through the lives of ordinary people who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways.
Our sense of community and compassionate intelligence must be extended to all life forms, plants, animals, rocks, rivers, and human beings. This is the story of our past and it will be the story of our future.
—Terry Tempest Williams
We have a strong instinct to belong to small groups defined by clear purpose and understanding–“tribes.” This tribal connection has been largely lost in modern society, but regaining it may be the key to our psychological survival.
The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.
I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
There are those who are trying to set fire to the world. We are in danger. There is time only to work slowly. There is no time not to love.
When we seek for connection, we restore the world to wholeness. Our seemingly separate lives become meaningful as we discover how truly necessary we are to each other.
No problem can be solved at the same level of consciousness that created it. — Albert Einstein
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
- Experience heart-centered community together
- Explore how cooperation, collaboration, and embracing diversity are showing up in our own lives and around the world
- Discover together how we might deepen our experience of love, beauty, and the interconnectedness of all life
- Harness the power of kindness and compassion to create a peaceful, brighter world
We want you to be a part of this community conversation. And we guarantee that this will be a Better Party! For four days we will be immersed in the spectacular natural beauty of Whidbey Island, and nurtured by the magical place that is the Whidbey Institute. Please join us for some “serious fun!”
- Morning plenary sessions feature dynamic, interactive presentations by social entrepreneurs, innovators, and artists from a variety of disciplines.
- The afternoons are self-organized open space — participants share their work and ideas with each other in simultaneous sessions. Afternoons also afford time for walking the Chinook lands, creative arts, and the like.
- In the evenings we do our very best to experience collective joy through group singing, storytelling, theater improv, dancing and a fantastic open mic.
The Whidbey Winter Gathering begins at dinner on Thursday, January 25 and ends at lunchtime on Sunday, January 28, If you’d like to learn more and find out whether registering for the Whidbey Winter Gathering is right for you, contact us: