We’re sorry—this retreat has been postponed. Check back for rescheduled dates.
Why the Blackbelt Communication Skills Retreat?
Gain communication skills necessary to create win-win outcomes in any situation. This 4-day intensive training will give you an immersion in the consciousness and skills of Nonviolent CommunicationTM (NVC), a powerful methodology for interpersonal harmony and effectiveness, and for creating positive social change that includes compassion.
With a powerful focus on positive Social Change, this retreat will amplify your ability to contribute to the world by providing you with the communication skills necessary to create win-win outcomes in any situation!
This is a four-day, four-night immersion in NVC, community, compassion, and making a positive difference.
NVC is a world-famous, proven, time-tested set of tools and skills with which you can:
◦ Create exceptional personal and professional relationships
◦ Offer compassionate understanding to others (and know when and how to ask for it yourself)
◦ Prevent and resolve misunderstandings and conflicts
◦ Speak your truth in a way that is more likely to lead to harmony than conflict
◦ Create mutual understanding without coercion
NVC was named by Marshall Rosenberg from a sense of alignment with Gandhi’s movement of truth-telling and compassion.
The term “Blackbelt” refers to Aikido — which is a martial art of peace — and also connotes a sense of mastery — the kind of mastery we want in high-stakes conversations and any time emotions are strong.
◦ You want to spend 4 days immersed and improving your NVC skills in a safe, growthful, and compassionate setting,
◦ You enjoy the idea of being able to choose among multiple offerings during any given session,
◦ You would enjoy this NVC immersion at one of the most respected, Earth-friendly retreat centers in the Pacific Northwest,
◦ You like eating wholesome organic food with access to many acres of beautiful nature trails,
◦ You want all this as a member of a powerful and compassionate learning community.
This retreat is designed to serve people at all levels of practice in NVC. Beginners and experts will all have something wonderful to gain, learn, and contribute.