Why the Blackbelt Communication Skills Retreat?
Gain communication skills necessary to create win-win outcomes in any situation. This 4-day intensive training will immerse you in the consciousness, skills and practice of Nonviolent CommunicationTM (NVC), a powerful methodology for interpersonal harmony and effectiveness, and for creating positive social change that includes compassion.
With a powerful focus on positive Social Change, this retreat will amplify your ability to contribute to the world by providing you with crucial communication skills. These tools and mindsets will develop your relationships and internal awareness.You will earn and practice how to connect and transform conversations into productive, efficient and mutually beneficial situations!
What Exactly is the Blackbelt Communication Skills Retreat?
This is a four-day, four-night immersion in NVC, community, compassion, and making a positive difference.
NVC is a world-famous, proven, time-tested set of tools and skills with which you can:
- Create exceptional personal and professional relationships
- Offer compassionate understanding to others and know when and how to ask for it yourself
- Prevent and resolve misunderstandings and conflicts
- Speak your truth in a way that is far more likely to lead to harmony than conflict
- Create mutual understanding without coercion
NVC was named by Marshall Rosenberg from a sense of alignment with Gandhi’s movement of truth-telling and compassion.
The term “Blackbelt” refers to Aikido — which is a martial art of peace — and also connotes the kind of mastery we want in high-stakes conversations and any time emotions are strong.
How is This Retreat Structured?
We will have a balance between time in the large group and activities in smaller groups, with meals, breaks and optional evening offerings.
We will have an Intro track on the first day to ensure fundamental understanding of the compassionate and effective communication and truth-telling that NVC is based on.
We will cover as much of the curriculum as time permits, but our focus will be onpractice to help you accelerate in your skill development.
This retreat is designed to serve people at all levels of practice in NVC, from beginners to advanced practitioners.
Who is This Retreat For?
This retreat is for you if:
You want to spend 4 days immersed and improving your NVC skills in a safe, growthful, and compassionate setting,
- You are committed to your personal growth and development,
- You would enjoy this NVC immersion at one of the most respected, Earth-friendly retreat centers in the Pacific Northwest,
- You like eating wholesome organic food with access to many acres of beautiful nature trails,
- You want all this as a member of a powerful and compassionate learning community.
This retreat is designed to serve people at all levels of practice in NVC. Beginners and experts will all have something wonderful to gain, learn, and contribute. The venue is fantastic. The training is amazing. The timing is just right.