- This event has passed.
Your Money or Your Life: Book Event with Vicki Robin
April 9 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
These are the “interesting times” of the oft-quoted Chinese curse. Many are fearful of what the future holds.
- How do we relate to money in such a season of tectonic change?
- How do we stay with the changes, whatever our age, when the grounding points of the old American Dream are un-moored?
- What prospects do our young people have in this gig and sharing economy when jobs are outsourced to low wage countries and now robots?
If there was ever a time to examine our relationship with money and become more resilient, it’s now.
With these complex challenges in mind, Vicki Robin, author of the classic bestseller, Your Money or Your Life, decided to do a 25th anniversary makeover and wanted to offer her community a look between the covers the week of its official release.
Some of the topics she will cover are:
- The classic 9-step program for transforming your relationship with money
- The rise of the FIRE (financial independence retire early) subculture
- What FIers (followers of the financial independence path) are investing in now
- Financial Interdependence – what is security in a connected world
- #FIforALL – an aspiration and a set of policies to transition out of the old American Dream and into the new landscape of work, purpose, identity, connections and enoughness.
There will be ample time for questions and discussion, often the richest part of an evening. Books will be for sale at the event, and Vicki will be signing them.