To achieve full leadership participation, educational equity, and empowerment for members of historically disenfranchised and underrepresented professionals through mentoring, and culturally responsive trainings. The intended outcomes of this leadership institute are:
- To foster leadership identity among historically underrepresented groups.
- To develop a network of colleagues through cohort and small-groups in system wide.
- To develop the pipeline of employees that are able to move into higher leadership positions.
The first preference will go to an individual who is either an employee of color and/or other members of historically underrepresented groups, a person with a disability, and/or a person who identifies as LGBTQIA sexual minority.
- A full-time employee who has been working in a community and technical colleges for over 2 years.
- A full-time employee who have not reached a position, such as vice president and/or deans.
- Must have an endorsement (signature of her/his approval) by president or supervisor.
- Attend a three-day retreat from August 29 – August 31, 2016 in Whidbey Institute in Washington State (Required).
- Attend five (half-day each) workshops during the 2016-2017 academic year. All five workshops will be held at Bellevue College (Required).
- Attend the Faculty & Staff of Color Conference (FSOCC), November 2 – 4, 2016, held at the Davenport Hotel, Spokane WA (Optional).
The cost is $1,600 per participant. Each college will sponsor the cost for participant’s learning. Bellevue College will also cover the planning and administrative cost.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Sayumi Irey, Interim Vice President for Diversity. Email:email@example.com, or phone: (425) 564-2354.