- This event has passed.
The Circle Way Practicum
August 23, 2017 - August 28, 2017$1370
CREATING POWERFUL CONVERSATIONS • IMPROVING COMMUNICATION • LEADERS IN EVERY CHAIR
“We cannot change the world by a new plan, project, or idea. We cannot even change other people by our convictions, stories, advice and proposals, but we can offer a space where people are encouraged to disarm themselves, lay aside their occupations and preoccupations and listen with attention and care to the voices speaking in their own center.”
The tradition continues! The circle is an ancient dialogue practice that can assist us today to engage in high quality conversations.
This Circle Way Practicum is a residential retreat based on the book The Circle Way, A Leader in Every Chair by Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea. The twenty-plus year tradition of teaching and learning The Circle Way on Whidbey Island, Washington has entered its next generation with your hosts Amanda Fenton and Tenneson Woolf.
Together we will:
- Explore The Circle Way and how it works – the agreements, principles and practices that give it strength.
- Practice circle participation and hosting.
- Apply circle infrastructure to real and challenging situations in work or personal life.
- Learn how circle can be used as a primary organizational operating system.
- Discover how understanding The Circle Way can take your hosting of other participatory processes such as World Cafe and Open Space Technology to a much deeper place.
The Circle Way is a modern methodology that calls on this ancient tradition and helps people gather in conversations the fulfill their potential for dialogue, replenishment, and wisdom-based change.