- This event has passed.
Thriving Communities Conference 2018
March 15, 2018 - March 18, 2018
The Magic of Thriving Communities: Arts, Culture and Deep Listening
March 15–18, 2018
Communities facing dramatic cultural challenges due to housing, economy, and gentrification are looking at the arts as a way of bringing people together as a force for positive change in their neighborhoods. As we gather, we ask ourselves, “how do we begin to listen to each other? To move to a level of trust that enables the exchange of energy and magic and that helps us shape a thriving and resilient community together?”
Thriving Communities Gathering details:
- Gathering begins Thursday at 6 pm and ends Sunday at 1:30 pm.
- Story Bridge will be held on Friday (learn more: storybridge.space)
Thriving Communities Gathering outcomes:
- You’ll experience the power of opening and building a beloved community in our neighborhoods and communities.
- You’ll experience the power of Story Bridge.
- Music, poetry, and art will flow through the time.
- We’ll show three films, and invite recommendations of other films about arts impact in community.
- You’ll be invited to share stories of both successes and failure, remembering that this is a time to harvest learnings.
- You’ll take many how to’s and useful approaches back to your own community or neighborhood.
- You’ll meet people, like you, doing uncommon work for the common good in their own communities.
- We’ll each leave feeling hopeful about our future.
We value and commit to:
- Youth presence
- Letting all voices be heard
- Ensuring safety and respect reign
- Heartily inviting singing, dancing, and joy into the space
- Providing deep space for reflection and solitude through the magic of the land at the Whidbey Institute