Women of Color Leadership Identity Development
June 17 - June 19$850
Women of Color Leadership Identity Development in White-Dominant Spaces
- What does women of color sustainable leadership look like?
- Are you interested in naming your experiences while you are in white-dominant spaces?
- Do you want to learn some strategies and effective practices around how to navigate these spaces?
- What does your self-care look like? How do you sustain it?
This 3-day Women of Color Leadership Identity Development workshop is designed for women (and women-identified) of color by women of color. Using a women of color leadership identity development framework developed by Dr. Sayumi Irey, this interactive and reflective workshop will help you build your knowledge and skills around how our identity positions shape our experiences in white, male-dominated professional, social, and cultural contexts. Furthermore, participants will be introduced to self-care practices designed to help you reconnect to your feminine divine.
Cost and fundraising structure
The cost of the 3-day workshop is $850. This includes food and shared lodging.
There will be a 3-tier registration process to help make the workshop more accessible. The options include:
- Register online and pay the $850 for yourself. Thank you for your commitment to attend the workshop!
- Register online, pay the $850 for yourself, and include a donation amount to financially help cover the cost of another participant. Thank you for your commitment to attend the workshop and for helping to bring down the financial barrier for others!
- Register and ask for donors to assist you with the cost of the workshop. Thank you for your commitment to attend the workshop, and for finding the courage to ask for help!
Dr. Sayumi Irey (she/her/hers) currently serves as an interim Vice President for Diversity at Bellevue College. She is also the founder of the Social Justice Leadership Institute (SJLI) and leads staff and faculty of color leadership development workshops. Her vision is to disrupt the system collaboratively to create more equity. She is also one of the recipients for Living Treasure at Bellevue College and has mentored a numbers of staff and faculty of color as well as other systematically marginalized members in higher education.
Registration will open soon! Email [email protected] to be notified when registration opens.