The Soil & The Seed: 2019 Gala
October 12 - 13, 2019
Join us from 5 to 10 pm on Saturday, October 12 for the Whidbey Institute’s annual Fundraising Gala. Optional overnight lodging includes Sunday brunch on the 13th!
You’re invited to an inspiring and enchanting fundraising event centered on the cultivation of courageous change. Together, we’re sowing and tending the seeds of a human future rooted in nature, nurtured in relationship, and growing toward the common good.
- A warm reception from the moment you arrive, with optional cider and wine at the outer lot shuttle stop
- Shuttling to Thomas Berry Hall provided by Whidbey Seatac Shuttle
- An enchanted garden setting, including living centerpieces grown for the event
- Conversation and connection with new and old friends alike
- Fabulous hors d’oeuvres and refreshments
- A delicious, seasonal meal from Chef Christyn Johnson—choose vegan or salmon options
- Live music
- An uplifting program
- And an opportunity to raise your paddle in support of the land, our Whidbey Institute 2020 capacity-building initiative, and our mission to nurture transformational learning for leaders and learners of all ages.
Wondering what to wear?
We invite elegant, whimsical, or semi-formal attire, and will celebrate your arrival in whatever outfit makes you feel festive and comfortable! While attire of any color is welcome, we’re turning to the palette below for inspiration in our event planning.