posted August 15, 2018
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Starting wage is $16.50 per hour. Schedule will average 20-25 hours per week. The housekeeping team works to maintain cleanliness, beauty, environmental sensitivity, and guest comfort at the Whidbey Institute, a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit with a 106-acre campus. We seek a team member who will help us serve our mission to nurture the conditions for transformational learning.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Residential and/or commercial cleaning experience
- Care and attention to detail
- Commitment to earth-friendly cleaning and recycling practices
- Scheduling flexibility; hours are designed around activities scheduled at the Whidbey Institute and change from week to week
- Reliability as a lead member of a 5-person housekeeping team
- Commitment and anticipated longevity in the role
- Providing a clean and welcoming environment for guests of the Whidbey Institute, with hospitality at the forefront.
- Completing cleaning tasks in accordance with the master cleaning schedule, developed by the housekeeping team in conjunction with other team members.
- Laundering sheets and towels, with specific folding techniques.
- Recycling in accordance with established practices.
- Communicating with other team members, including coordinating weekly schedules, updating others about challenges or arising issues needing attention, and working together to maintain and improve the organization’s cleanliness and hospitality.
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND STRUCTURE
We operate by self-governance, with distributed authority. Our system relies upon each of us to sense and respond to challenges, tensions, and opportunities with creativity, nimbleness, and whole-hearted presence. We value open communication, inclusivity, equity, and non-violence. The Whidbey Institute is a purpose-driven organization and a home for ongoing inquiry, learning, and transformation in response to the unprecedented challenges of our time.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Whidbey Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications received by August 31, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
- Qualified applicants are invited to send a letter of interest, standard application, and optional resume to Marnie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Desired start date for this position is on or before September 17, 2018.