Beneficial bugs abound in our gardens and you can create a diverse garden ecosystem to encourage them! You can attract not just pollinating insects, but also the insects that will eat pests. The soil, too, is alive with billions of organisms that help to create a fertile soil.
On Saturday, April 5th, from 10 am – 12 noon learn about the
- amazing web of life in our soil and how to nurture it
- pollinators that are essential for our gardens, and our community
- predators and parasitoids that keep our garden ecosystem from becoming unbalanced
- flowers and herbs we can plant to attract beneficial insects, and when to plant them
- garden practices to help our garden ecosystem become diverse and thrive
This Growing Groceries class is taught by Cary Peterson, and is held at the Whidbey Island Community Education Center at Bayview Corner. More detailsHERE.