April 2020 update from Fritz & Vivienne: We regret that we’re not able to offer you a special time of retreat in our Hillside Cabin at this time. Hopefully, we’ll soon be on the other side of this and can welcome you again, or for the first time. Please contact us for information or if you’d like to be on the list for future retreat dates: [email protected]
Whidbey Institute founders Fritz and Vivienne Hull are offering something new in their small private cabin near Legacy Forest. Read more about this opportunity for solitude, reflective space, and the inspiration that immersion in nature can provide.
click photos to view gallery
Hilltop Retreats at the Whidbey Institute: a unique day-use opportunity
Many of us yearn to get away by ourselves, to go somewhere and reflect on our lives . . . to slow down, read, think, and feel renewed. This is, of course, an ancient practice in many cultures.
Here is your opportunity to build this reflective practice into your life! Come to the Hilltop Cabin at the center of the Whidbey Institute land for a day of contemplation.
IMAGINE THREE POSSIBILITIES:
- Create your own day, for writing, thinking, meditating, reading, walking, or whatever stirs your heart and imagination!
- Choose one of five guiding themes for your day. Materials will be prepared for you, and will include readings, reflective exercises, poetry, walks on forest trails, and time at the new stone wheel. These are described in greater detail below. Select from:
- Practices of the Heart—Inspiration for Your Spiritual Life (with a little help from the Celtic tradition)
- The Contrary Way—Wisdom from the Celtic Christian Tradition
- Looking for a New Way to Believe—The Life Wheel Program
- Thomas Berry—The Man, His Writings, His Message
- Earth & Spirit—Nature Intimacy and the Human Future
- or, choose a guided retreat with Fritz or Vivienne Hull, one of whom will join you at the beginning of your day to explore your selected theme, including conversation about your personal, spiritual, or vocational journey.