Whidbey Institute founders Fritz and Vivienne Hull are offering something new in their cozy, private cabin near Legacy Forest. Read more about this opportunity for solitude, reflective space, and the inspiration that only immersion in nature can provide.
Hilltop Retreats at the Whidbey Institute: a unique day-use opportunity
Many men and women yearn to get away by themselves, to go somewhere and reflect on their lives . . . to slow down, read, think, and feel renewed. Perhaps they do this on a regular basis! This is, of course, an ancient practice in many cultures.
Here is your opportunity to build this reflective practice into your life! Come to the Hilltop Cabin at the center of the Whidbey Institute land for a personal retreat. A new cabin, built by Fritz and Vivienne, awaits you!
IMAGINE THESE THREE POSSIBILITIES:
- Create your own day, for writing, thinking, meditating, reading, or whatever stirs your heart and imagination!
- Choose one of five guiding themes for your day. Materials will be prepared for you, and will include readings, reflective exercises, poetry, walks on forest trails, and time at the new rock wheel. These are described in greater detail below. Select from:
- Practices of the Heart—Inspiration for Your Spiritual Life (with a little help from the Celtic tradition)
- The Contrary Way—Wisdom from the Celtic Christian Tradition
- Looking for a New Way to Believe—The Life Wheel Program
- Thomas Berry—The Man, His Writings, His Message
- Earth & Spirit—Nature Intimacy and the Human Future
- or, choose a guided retreat with Fritz or Vivienne Hull, one of whom will join you at the beginning of your day to explore your selected theme, including conversation about your personal, spiritual, or vocational journey.